Wednesday, July 3, 2013

food for thought

Quick thought as I sit here contemplating having a snack or prepping a real dinner.

As I have been working to build my base mileage back up, I have been thinking about the different types of running I've done over the last two years.  There has been random running just to run, running organized 5Ks with no plan, running 5Ks with some plan and training for & running a half marathon.  These all have taught me that there is so much more to running than just running.  You have to be fit emotionally, mentally, physically and nutritionally to really do your best.  (I may have just made up some -allies there.)  Which leads me to where my thoughts are now.  I'm thinking of running my own 4 on the Fourth tomorrow morning so I am sitting here contemplating good, clean, fuel-me type eats (just in case I decide to run in the morning) versus not.  (BIG CHEESY GRIN)

My, oh my, how running can change you - if even for just a minute as you contimplate a snack!

2 comments:

  1. Crazy how that works, huh?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning's run sucked with all of the junk we had at my house yesterday. Don't let me do that again!

    ReplyDelete