Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Saturday Silence & Just Enough Room

These were my thoughts Saturday, after tossing, turning, thinking most of Friday night. I shared them on my personal Facebook page on Saturday morning and thought I'd share them with guys now.

Wake to kids in my bed. Shoo, shoo. There's not enough room. They bound off to the living room to watch cartoons. Shh! Keep it down! Stop jacking around. There's not enough room. I wander into the kitchen, start breakfast. They are under my feet. Get! I know you want to help but let me just finish. There's not enough room. And, so on and so on.

Not today. Hopefully, not again. I know my house is little and 'there's not enough room'; however, in the last 12+ hours, I've heard every noise by kids have made, could hear them breath as they slept and giggle as they woke. Just enough room!

I am grieving for people that I do not know who are dealing with a tragedy I cannot fathom. I don't dare try. All I can do us pray. All I can do is take in every moment of my own kiddos. There's more than enough room.

“Sorrow is better than laughter, for sadness has a refining influence on us.” (Eccles. 7:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment