Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My Favorite WOD Partner!

Seriously, who looks this happy after 20 minutes of kettle bell swings and burpees?!  M, does.  That's who! 
Doesn't she make sweating pink look good?!  I love that she started the whole running adventure for me.  I also love that she asks and likes to go to the box with me.  She is definitely my favorite workout buddy.
 
Yesterday's WOD introduced a new sequence of moves to me and I wasn't sure what to think at first.  You could either do the sequence or opt out for kettle bell swings.  I chose the sequence as my arms were pretty toasty from last week's WODs (a gazillion push-ups, pull-ups & KBS throughout the week) and from Monday's SDLHPs/push-ups combo AND I am also trying to tackle the things that give me more trouble than others (overhead anything).  Makayla did the KBS instead.  She rocked them.  #proudmomma
 
Our WOD:
EMOM for 20 minutes
Odd Minute: Burpees (30 seconds, as many as you possible, followed by 30 seconds of rest)
Even Minute: Hang Squat Snatch (1 per minute) or 12 KBS
 
I averaged 10 burpees per odd minute and, on the hang squat snatches, I worked my way from 15 lbs to 35 lbs (I managed three rounds at this weight) before dropping the weight down to 25 lbs finish the last two even minute rounds (choosing less weight for better form and technique).  Overhead anythings definitely are what I need to work on.  Flexibility (lack thereof) gets me everytime!  What about you?  What gets you?


No comments:

Post a Comment