Sunday, September 16, 2012

WLC: Day One

Day One (Saturday, the 15th) of the Whole Life Challenge (WLC) called for the taking of measurements and completing the baseline WOD (workout of the day).  We'll do the same WOD at the end of the 8 week challenge to see how we improve.

Since my box isn't participating in the WLC and I am doing this under the 'friend & family' option, I was on my own with the day one festivities.  Well, not entirely.  I enlisted my husband as my measurements and before pics taker, WOD rep counter and timekeeper and both my husband and my girls as cheerleaders.

I don't mind sharing my measurements.  Before pics, well, those are another story!  I'm being pretty brave (for me) and coming way out of a box to post my measurements.  Heck, it was a huge deal for me to perform a WOD at the soccer fields (that's the only place we could think of that allowed for the 50m run).  I was out in public, WOD'g by myself with my husband and girls cheering me on.  And, the had spirit.  ;)  Thank goodness the weather has been off/on (more on) with clouds and rain.  The rain kept the fields and my particular corner clear of spectators.  :)

My measurements are as follows:
left bicep - 11"
right bicep - 11 1/2"
waist - 35"
hips - 37"
left thigh - 21 1/2"
right thigh - 21"

The measurements not being symmetrical bug me a bit.  It's just my personality for things to match up.  Oh, we'll.  I've been told that it's common!

The WOD:
9 Minute AMRAP
7 kettle bell swings
7 burpees
50m run

I used a 26# kettle bell and did the run as an out and back (25m each way, obviously).  I was able to complete 6 solid rounds.  And was spent.  More than I anticipated.




No comments:

Post a Comment