Thursday, September 13, 2012

Good AfterNUUN!

Check these out!
 
 
I love getting packages in the mail.  Especially at work.
Because, at work, I have people to harass with whatever fun the new package brings me!
 
Today, I got a box.  An awesome box.
Full of things I have come to appreciate and, dare I say, love.  NUUN!
 
I came to know more about nuun after following stalking Running Hutch for a bit.
(I came to know more about Tiffany since we are fellow SPAs!)
 
After several message chats about whether or not it really made a difference and its appropriateness for the kiddos, I went looking for it.
 
I found a few flavors at our local Vitamin Shoppe and grabbed them up.
Those three grabbed tubes didn't last long.  Not long at all.
 
Why?
 
Well, they didn't last long because I went all crazy out on a mission.  I wanted to get my girls off of sports drinks.  And, my husband.  And, I wanted to see how this was going to work out for me.  Especially after learning that nuun was going to be the hydration sponsor for the NWM.  Oh, yeah.  I hope to #SweatPink this October during the half portion of the NWM.  I am nervous and excited but that is a different post.  I haven't even posted that I was training for it, I don't think.  Bad.  Blogger.
I digress...
 
Since my three tubes were gone and I couldn't find any other flavors other than the ones I had tried, I went to the nuun website and went a little crazy.  Like "oh my, did I really order all of that" crazy.
 
I've already popped the tops off of several of these tubes and forced co-workers to "give it a try!" because "you'll LOVE it, really!".  They already think I am crazy and wound up, so I had nothing to lose.  The verdict?  Some liked it, some didn't.  Life.
 
I have replaced my girls' sports drinks with nuun during soccer practice and will do the same for games as the fall season begins.  My oldest, who is not a fan of lemonades or pouch-type drinks, is the one I was most focused on as she has longer practices, practices more frequently and had been complaining about tummy troubles during and after training sessions.  After giving nuun a go for about a week or so, she commented that she no longer had the tummy troubles and headaches (also a complaint) were non-existent.  Score!
 
I am also working on the husband.  At work (a refinery), he is outside in the South Texas heat and humidity all day long.  They (work) provide them with water (duh!) and encourage the consumption of sports drinks for electrolytes (and provide these at no cost as well).  I would LOVE for him to get off of the sugary stuff and on to the nuun.  I am working on it.  His problem is that he forgets to grab a tube of tablets before leaving for the day.  He'll get there!  Even if I have to start dropping them into his overall pockets!
 
I also have plans to share my stash with friends and extended family.
 
After finding out about this awesomeness (and finding out that it does indeed make a positive difference), I have gabbed and gabbed about it any time hydration comes up.  Even if randomly.  I am prepping a box to send to my BFF and NWM pal (I know, I see her weekly and she lives within minutes of me but who doesn't like a random box of fun in the mail?!) and plan to mail some to a few work-related pals that I know are way more active than I am.  They participate in marathons, MS150 events and such.  I mentioned nuun to them at a casual business open house (yes, I waited for hydration to come up beforehand) and they hadn't heard of it.  I cannot wait to share my find!
 
So, in addition to pink shoelaces, I am now ready to nuun you!  Ha, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment